StorTrends® iTX 2.8 Network Storage Management Software from AMI is a full-featured storage management suite designed to leverage the power of dual controller SAN appliances for peak performance and reliability. It easily meets the rigorous demands of today’s data centers and IT departments and is cost-effective, scalable, and suitable for both novice and advanced users. Featuring real platform-independent High Availability and excellent support for virtualized and clustered application servers, StorTrends is the solution of choice for those who want to get the most out of their storage.
This new, 64-bit version of StorTrends iTX network storage software is designed to be at home in a data center or server room as front-line storage for high-volume transactions or as part of a tiered storage solution. Its auto-failover capability for dual controller appliances ensures that any disaster or interruption is handled smoothly and makes it a solid candidate for mission-critical data that requires “always on” availability and reliability.
- 64-bit version of StorTrends iTX network storage software
- Dual Controller Support: Auto Failover/Failback in Active/Active or Active/Passive Configurations for outstanding reliability and uptime
- Software RAID with RAID-RT™ Technology: Scalability to 256 TB
- Data Archiving: Data Deduplication and Compression for Archiving Data Remotely
- Auto Tiering: Hierarchical Tiering of Data with Information Lifecycle Management and Zoned Bit Recording (ZBR)
- Near-CDP with Data Snapshots: Advanced Redirect on Write (ROW) Snapshots, with support for 8,048 Snapshots
- WDS Technology: Compression, Encryption, Data deduplication and WAN Optimization for fast replication
- Data Replication: Replicate Data to DR (Disaster Recovery) and Remote Sites
- Vertical Capacity Expansion: Save hardware and disk costs by expansion with up to four StorTrends JBOD Appliances, with multipathing for increased performance and reliability
- Virtualization: Support for leading virtualization suites including VMware®, Microsoft® Hyper-V and Citrix® Xen™
- Multi-Platform Replication: Lower DR costs by replicating between single and dual controller StorTrends storage appliances
Customers seeking high performance along with high uptime will find the dual controller StorTrends appliances powered by StorTrends iTX 2.8 network storage software very attractive, as StorTrends iTX 2.8 enables the dual controllers to operate in an active/active configuration to increase I/O throughput. However, like its predecessor, StorTrends iTX 2.7, this latest version of StorTrends iTX keeps many of the aspects that users know and love, including the ManageTrends™ GUI for “single pane of glass” storage management, easy-to-use wizards for simple, fast configuration and a host of all-inclusive, enterprise-class features at no added cost.
Because StorTrends iTX 2.8 features Asynchronous Replication with WDS, it is also ideally suited for Disaster Recovery (DR) applications requiring a secondary appliance in an offsite location, as WDS provides exceptional savings in bandwidth usage and data transfer times. The remote Data Archiving with Deduplication feature adds additional layers of flexibility and functionality to its replication capabilities, and takes it beyond a mere DR role into the realm of true data warehousing.
Dual controller StorTrends appliances running StorTrends iTX 2.8 conserve hardware (i.e. duplication of additional disk) and integration costs and precious rack space while providing outstanding uptime. From data backup and recovery, remote or local storage, to replication and multiple site backups, StorTrends iTX 2.8 does it all.
With Thin Provisioning and Auto Tiering, the JBOD expansion capability of StorTrends iTX 2.8 can be leveraged to the maximum. The sophisticated Auto Tiering/Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) of StorTrends iTX 2.8 analyzes data for its value, and stores it accordingly - in the fastest, most responsive top-tier storage for the most frequently accessed data, and automatically migrates it down the chain to less expensive, less powerful storage as it loses value. For organizations struggling to contain the cost of adding new storage and exploding volumes of data, Auto Tiering can manage data growth and accessibility, reduce cost, improve recovery, and remove risk and exposure to data loss.
Expandability is also a key attribute of StorTrends iTX 2.8. With the ability to expand up to four StorTrends 3201j JBODs, SAN appliances with StorTrends iTX 2.8 network storage software enable organizations to solve all of their data storage pain points with a single StorTrends appliance. StorTrends® iTX 2.8 provides enterprise-level performance, high availability and disaster recovery at a price that appeals to small and medium-size businesses (SMB).
- Benefits of Active/Active Architecture Tech Sheet
- Storage Resource Management (SRM) Tech Sheet
- StorTrends Application Aware Snapshots Whitepaper
- StorTrends DR Guide Tech Sheet
- StorTrends iTX / Hyper-V Integration Tech Sheet
- StorTrends VMware Fault Tolerance Whitepaper
- StorTrends WAN Optimization Tech Sheet
- StorTrends Whitepaper: Advanced Snapshots
- StorTrends Whitepaper: D2D2T Backup
- StorTrends Whitepaper: Data Continuity through HA
- StorTrends Whitepaper: Data Replication
- StorTrends Whitepaper: Data Tiering
- StorTrends Whitepaper: Disaster Recovery
- StorTrends Whitepaper: Fault Tolerant DR
- StorTrends Whitepaper: Introduction to iSCSI
- StorTrends Whitepaper: RAID-RT
- StorTrends Whitepaper: StorTrends 3400i SAN
- StorTrends Whitepaper: WAN Optimized DR