StorTrends® iTX 2.7 Dual Dialect Storage Software provides both file and block based storage functionality in a single, intuitive software package, enabling businesses to utilize existing Ethernet networks to simplify data management and reduce storage expenditures. This software is preinstalled on every StorTrends® SAN, NAS, and JBOD storage appliance, and has also been successfully ported to support the Intel® Enabled Server Acceleration Alliance (ESAA) SAN solution.
Designed for enterprise-level high availability and disaster recovery, StorTrends iTX 2.7 is cost-effective, scalable, and suitable for both novice and advanced users. StorTrends iTX 2.7 allows users to leverage the advantages of the storage centralization and scalability of Storage Area Networks, and the ease of use and file sharing of Network Attached Storage, on a single platform at an attractive price.
Synchronous replication enables data to be stored on multiple StorTrends® storage appliances at multiple sites, for high availability and disaster recovery capability. Asynchronous replication bundles I/Os and sends them to the remote server after a small time lag, boosting network utilization efficiency and reducing bandwidth cost. Snap-assisted replication replicates delta snapshots from the primary system in chronological order to the secondary, so that in the event of a failover, the system will automatically recover to the latest available, consistent snapshot image.
Thin provisioning enables the administrator to create and manage storage volumes without restrictions. The provisioned volume size can be significantly larger than current physical storage capacity, so users can purchase additional StorTrends storage appliances as their needs grow.
High Availability grouping allows two StorTrends SAN heads to be grouped as highly available cluster nodes for Microsoft® initiators, for extreme fault tolerance and always-up availability. This technology provides protection against disk, path, and node failures with automatic, seamless failover.
StorTrends iTX 2.7 software also features an advanced snapshot capability utilizing Redirect-on-Write (ROW) technology. Administrators have the ability to schedule SAN and NAS snapshots, and to create and rollback to any snapshot in under a second. StorTrends iTX 2.7 supports SAN snapshots using Microsoft® VSS snapshot technology, or through agents specific for application servers like Microsoft® Exchange Server and Oracle®. SQL Server is also supported through VSS, and VSS-based snapshots support agent-less LAN-free backup. StorTrends iTX 2.7 also employs consistency groups to ensure application-aware snapshots.
Advanced caching improves read and write-back performance and efficient I/O scheduling, while I/O aggregation significantly improves snapshot performance.
Finally, integrated web-based management with AMI's ManageTrends® storage management interface provides a simple configuration wizard to manage volumes, snapshots, logical disks, quotas and alerts, and the power to control the discovery and management of multiple StorTrends appliances.
Technology Behind StorTrends iTX 2.7
StorTrends iTX 2.7 features a number of groundbreaking advances.
Dig deeper on some key elements of StorTrends iTX2.7:
- High Availability (HA)
- Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
- WAN-Optimization Data Services (WDS)
- Advanced Snapshots
- Asynchronous Replication
- Information Lifecycle Management (ILM)
- RAID- RT™
- Benefits of Active/Active Architecture Tech Sheet
- Storage Resource Management (SRM) Tech Sheet
- StorTrends 3200i ESRP Test Report: Exchange 2007
- StorTrends Application Aware Snapshots Whitepaper
- StorTrends DR Guide Tech Sheet
- StorTrends iTX / Hyper-V Integration Tech Sheet
- StorTrends iTX 2.7 SAN Boot Tech Sheet
- StorTrends iTX 2.7 UPS Integration Tech Sheet
- StorTrends VMware Fault Tolerance Whitepaper
- StorTrends WAN Optimization Tech Sheet
- StorTrends Whitepaper: Advanced Snapshots
- StorTrends Whitepaper: D2D2T Backup
- StorTrends Whitepaper: Data Continuity through HA
- StorTrends Whitepaper: Data Replication
- StorTrends Whitepaper: Data Tiering
- StorTrends Whitepaper: Disaster Recovery
- StorTrends Whitepaper: Fault Tolerant DR
- StorTrends Whitepaper: Introduction to iSCSI
- StorTrends Whitepaper: RAID-RT
- StorTrends Whitepaper: WAN Optimized DR
- SnapTrends™ User’s Guide
- StorTrends iTX Logo (PNG Format)
- StorTrends Logo (PNG Format)
- StorTrends Software (Version 2.7) User's Guide
- Oracle Database Snapshot Agent Configuration Guide
- StorTrends iTX (Version 2.7) CLI Update Procedure
- StorTrends iTX (Version 2.7) FTP Update Procedure
- Storage Glossary (StorTrends iTX version 2.7)
- StorTrends iTX VMware Multipathing Setup Guide
- StorTrends iTX License Upgrade Handbook
- HA Setup for Exchange2007 AppNotes
- HA with VMware in StorTrends iTX 2.7 User's Guide
- StorTrends Command Line Interface 2.7 User's Guide